Fly Fishers of the Bitterroot is a non-profit club dedicated to sharing our passion for fly fishing by promoting fellowship, education and stewardship of our fishing resources. You can read more about the club and its mission below. Thanks for visiting!
October 2, 2023
The Club needs a Vice President!
Fishing Access Sites
Who We Are
The Fly Fishers of the Bitterroot is a non-profit club dedicated to sharing our passion for fly fishing by promoting fellowship, education and stewardship of our fishing resources.
We are lucky to live near the banks of the beautiful Bitterroot River, one of the finest dry fly rivers in the state. We live in an environment that makes it easy to:
- Promote the sport of fly fishing through friendship and connecting fellow lovers/addicts of the sport,.
- Participate in conservation and education programs in our local watershed.
- and enjoy activities such as club meetings, trips, fly tying and of course, fishing!
What Does it Take to be a Member?
What We Do
In the Fly Fishers of the Bitterroot we don't just sit around and talk about fly fishing, we actually go fishing. A lot. We also:
- Hold monthly meetings on the first Tuesday of every month at BJ's Restaurant in Hamilton, MT. Social hour/dinner starts at 5:30pm. Meetings start at 6:30pm.
- Meetings include programs by notable speakers, guides, club members and conservation, as well as industry professionals.
- Host weekly fly tying on Wednesday evenings at Bitterroot Brewing during the winter. Tying usually commences around 5:30pm.
- Sponsor several fishing outings on local and regional waters every year.
- Co-Sponsor the annual Bitterroot River Cleanup and May Fly Fishing Clinic with Trout Unlimited.
Want to Know More?
Please see the Contact Us page for phone numbers, email, and a membership application form.
Just an interest in fly fishing and in forming great friendships.